Innovative Automated Vertical Storage and Retrieval Systems
Founded in 1949 and acquired by the Kloé family in 1979, Headland Machinery is an Australian owned and operated company, with a strong history of supplying and servicing machinery to a range of industries across Australia and New Zealand.
Headland Machinery is honoured to be part of the worldwide trusted Hänel network. Established in 1953 Hänel is now one of the world’s largest, most respected manufacturers of storage and organisation systems – now represented in over 60 countries.
With Hänel certified technicians in our offices across Australia and New Zealand, at Headland we proudly support customers with quality, reliable automated vertical storage and retrieval systems.
We believe in providing prompt and dependable customer service to keep you up and running. By mirroring Hänel’s high standards throughout all areas of the order process, from comprehensive consultations to quality implementations and after-sales support, Headland strives to build strong relationships with our clients, nurturing you every step of the way.
Hänel and STOPA vertical storage rack systems carry several advantages:
- One of a Kind: The only machine of it’s kind that doesn’t require scheduled maintenance.
- Return on Investment – Both storage systems have a quick ROI with a low ongoing cost of ownership. The machines have a long service life and are easily transportable.
- Floor Space Reduction – Utilisation of vertical space provides huge reductions in floor space, with lifts available up to 20m high.
- Improved Inventory Management – Reduced stock loss, making stock taking easier.
- Increased Productivity – Stock retrieval and replenishment becomes more efficient using the Hänel lift; requested items are brought to the ergonomic retrieval height in seconds.
- Reduced Workplace Injuries – With an improved OHS Environment, staff can work in non-forklift zones and retrieve and replenish stock at a suitable height; eliminating reaching up, bending down and lifting.
- Security – Stock can be securely stored using ID/pincode access, with the option of a fire retardant door available.
An automated vertical lift storage solution tailored to your needs:
- Provide you with over 60% more space by using available room height up 20m or more, for storage.
- Increase productivity, with stock retrieval and replenishment becoming faster and more efficient.
- Reduce workplace injuries by eliminating reaching up, bending down and lifting.
An economic and efficient vertical storage carousel:
- Guarantee a return on investment due to their long service life and low maintenance.
- Provide secure storage of parts, products and documentation, with ID or pin code access.
- Reduce floor space by using vertical space up to ceiling height.
Sheet Metal Storage
STOPA offers a range of storage solutions specifically designed for sheet metal storage with the manufacturing industry in mind.
High flexibility due to modular design and software linkage:
- Can integrate with Software Management System or ERP system to ensure smooth operations.
- Can store a wide variety of materials with differing formats, stacking heights and payloads.
- The Storage and Retrieval Unit is equipped with a plug-in manual control for the service mode.
STOPA presents efficient space utilisation, maximising storage capacity.
Compact arrangement – perfect operability:
- Up to 1,000 cassettes can be placed within the storage unit in a space-saving manner.
- This high-performance system is designed for linkage with several machines having a corresponding workflow.
- Custom system heights available on request
Logistics and Distribution
Companies within the logistics and distribution industry need to provide an efficient and cost effective service through increased use of innovative operational and technological solutions.
Safely storing patient records, archives and sterile equipment is of high importance in the medical sector. With Hänel automated solutions, employees can easily access information or equipment due to the multiple access points within the system.
An automated environment proves to be effective in the manufacturing sector. The Lean-Lift creates ease and efficiency within the workplace, storing a variety of part sizes and making them readily available with multiple access points across the warehouse.
Food & Beverage
There has been an increase in demand for vertical carousels and storage systems across the supply chain in the food sector in recent years, with a particular focus on the benefits of temperature controlled environments, clean rooms and dry store rooms.
Aerospace & Defence
The worldwide aerospace and defence industry is expected to return to growth in coming years. Passenger travel demand is vastly increasing, while new technologies are thought to be fuelling increases in aircraft production, defence budgets and the global supply chain.
2 December 2019 Hänel recently received two orders from workshops for the disabled in Germany. MWW is a social enterprise providing services to the disabled for over 30 years. People with challenges receive help…
Headland recently had a chat with Yvonne Brown, Inventory Controller at Shimadzu Australasia. We discussed the company, their success as well as their new storage system. On-Time Service Delivery – The Key to Shimadzu’s…